Sunday, March 27, 2011

Slow cooker cooking - Pork stew with Peppers

For all those busy people but whom still want to have some home-cooked food, you need to get a slow cooker and / or a magic pot (aka thermal pot.. we will go into that another time).

I found this recipe which I tweaked a little to make it healthier (less salty, oily, etc) and it turned out pretty nice. And you can eat it with rice, bread (what I did for dinner), noodle, and this is keepable for reheating for follow-up meals.

First time I made this - using pork pieces (you can use beef but hubby doesn’t take beef), lots of bell peppers (capsicums - I only had the green and yellow in the fridge, use any you like), some onions and a can of tomato stew. Pretty much left the concoction in the slow cooker for the entire day on low and voila …


It’s easy enough !

No comments: